Pathways by Molina, previously Providence Human Services, is one of the largest national providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral and mental health services. At Pathways, we deliver exceptional value by creating healthier communities through the work of exceptional people. Our more than 7,000 employees provide the highest-quality home- and community-based human services in 24 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.
Pathways by Molina is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSAs, vacation, sick, basic and optional life insurance, EAP, 401k (100% match for the 1st 4% employee contribution/immediate vesting) and an Employee Stock Purchase.
Pathways by Molina is seeking an innovative and purpose driven individual to join our team as a Peer Support Specialist for our Kickstart program.
The Kickstart program is a recovery-oriented program with a diverse clinical team specifically trained to educate the community, treat youth and assist families in preventing psychosis. We serve young people ages from 10-25, Medi-Cal eligible or unfunded, their families and their social social networks to build support around the youth and promote success in relationships, education and employment. Kickstart strives to keep hope alive through education and early intervention.
A Peer Specialist has been a recipient of lived experience. Peer Specialists/Mentors are fully integrated team members who provide highly individualized services in the community and promote consumer self-determination and decision-making. Peer Specialists/Mentors are also peers to the consumers and they have the innate ability to build trust and relationships with consumers. The insight resulting from this relationship is extremely useful in encouraging continued consumer growth and recovery, as well as a valuable tool that can be brought to the treatment team in gaining insight for the treatment of each individual consumer.
• Carry out duties as a member of the team, under the direction of the team leader. Specific job responsibilities will vary depending on education and experience
• Provide work-related supportive services, such as transportation. Use of personal vehicle is required
• Perform mentoring and problem solving as well as offer encouragement on and off the job site
• Support and communicate with clients timely to answer questions, while making a difference in our client’s relationships
• Provide practical help and mentoring, advocacy, coordination, side-by-side individualized support, problem solving and direct assistance to help consumers obtain the necessities of daily living
• Coordination of social activities
• Facilitation of groups and/or assignments as required by Lead Peer Specialist/Mentors, Clinical Manager and/or Program Director
• Develop effective working relationships with agencies and organizations to advocate for consumer and family/caregiver empowerment
• Document all activities as required
• Maintain and ensures HIPAA, ethical standards and professional boundaries with all staff and clients
• Other duties as assigned or necessary to support your department and/or the company
• Provide the best customer care possible
• Identify and build upon the strenghts of consumers, coworkers, and the communities we serve
• Support consumers’ steps towards Recovery and Wellness
• Create an organizational culture that respects and celebrates the diversity of our consumers
• Value learning as an ongoing process that enables us to better service our consumers and establishes our leadership in the industry
• Research and utilize our industry’s best practices and analyze our own servies to ensure the best possible
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION
Works under direct supervision of the Lead Peer Mentor
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required with computer or business courses
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
• Consumer of Mental Health Services; Persons with a history of being consumers of mental health service or individuals with lived experience (i.e. living with a relative, significant other, or other support person who is a consumer of mental health services)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Proof of: valid California driver’s license and auto insurance, as well as proof of education are required
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Knowledge of ways to encourage consumers to explore and regain strengths, skills, and/or talents that may be inherent in individual consumers and to become more social, through community events and outings, as well as within the program’s internal activities
• Skills to provide essential expertise and consultation to the entire team to promote a culture in which each consumer’s view and preferences are recognized, understood, respected, and integrated into treatment, rehabilitation, and community self-help activities
• Lived experience with a mental health condition, whether a family member or personal
• Knowledge of community resources and connections and experience working with peers
• Good organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills are a must
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and manage time to meet schedule, goals, and deadlines
• Office Environment (not remote position). Requires extensive sitting with periodic standing and walking
• May be required to lift up to 20 pounds
• Requires significant use of computer, tablet, phone and/or general office equipment
• Needs adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects
• Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone
• Will require off-site travel up to 80% (transport clients, county and/or client needs; and attend meetings/groups)
DECISION MAKING RESPONSIBILITIES
• None; timely notification to supervisor or other manager of either emerging situations or those requiring follow-up attention
• Exercise good judgment
Pathways by Molina is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.