Are you interested in working with a company that values people and has a passion for service? Do you want to become part of an organization that cares about your personal and professional growth? If you have answered YES to these questions, then you should consider working for Raystown Developmental Services!
Raystown Developmental Services (RDS) has been serving the counties of Lewistown, Mifflin, and Juniata since 1983.
RDS provides a vast array of services to Adults with intellectual disabilities. Our Residential Program serves individuals with intellectual disabilities who reside in group homes. Staff assist individuals to maximize choice, daily living skills and community integration. RDS also provides day program services at our Adult Training Facility where individuals focus on skill building and community integration. In addition, RDS facilitates Home & Community based services to help assist individuals with intellectual disabilities to help increase their independence and personal skills in their home and to access their community.
The Family Reunification Caseworker functions as a Caseworker in the family Preservation and Reunification Program. This position works with families that have children who are at risk of placement outside the home. This position also assists in reuniting families following an out-of-home placement.
• Initiate and maintain contact with families who are to receive services by making contact within 24 hours of referral and attempting to contact them at least twice per week for the length of time of the agreed-upon service.
• Work with families to develop family service plans within one month after being assigned a family. Complete closing summaries within one month of completing a family service plan and provide a copy of the closing summary to the referral source.
• Prepare and complete required documentation, including case notes, in compliance with regulations, company standards and the policy and procedure manual. Provide monthly updates to referral source. Complete case notes within two weeks of interaction with family.
• Maintain good working relationships with private and public agencies. Be available and prepared to provide court testimony in a professional manner as scheduled.
• Transport individuals as necessary to observe and consult in various areas of the family relationship. Properly load and unload individuals to / from vans / auto’s, using either a company or personal vehicle. Follow established vehicle maintenance at all times.
• Effectively communicate with supervisors / managers, individuals, family members and other service providers.
• Attend work as scheduled. Attend meetings / trainings as required. Complete on-line training as assigned.
•Perform related work as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Recognizes problems and provides feedback or documentation to assist with problem resolution. Investigates and provides root cause analysis of problems, suggests alternatives, evaluatesoutcomes, and makes formal recommendations for solutions.
• Clearly and consistently verbally communicates priorities.
• Knowledge of basic computer operations.
• Documentation and observation skills.
• Ability to follow established confidentiality policy.
• Ability to follow established safety standards.
• Working knowledge of applicable regulations.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field
• High School diploma/General Equivalency Diploma (GED) with three to five years related experience / training in working with children and families. Valid Driver’s license
Raystown Developmental Services by Molina is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers the following total rewards package:
• Competitive Salary
• Medical, Dental, Vision including a Health Savings Account
• Health, Dependent and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts
• Basic and Optional Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
• 401 K with employer contribution (100% for the first 4% contributed - employees that are 21 and over may participate)
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (buy stock at a 15% discount)
• Training, Development and Continuing Education Credits for licensure requirements
• Opportunities for advancement! As we grow, you grow with us!
Raystown Developmental Services is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.