Pathways by Molina, previously Providence Human Services, is one of the largest national providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral and mental health services. At Pathways, we deliver exceptional value by creating healthier communities through the work of exceptional people. We proudly serve more than 55,000 unique clients and nearly 17 million individuals who qualify for services under our contracts.
Pathways by Molina is seeking an innovative and purpose driven individual to join our team as a Peer Mentor II.
A Peer Mentor has been a recipient of lived experience. Peer Specialists/Mentors are fully integrated team members who provide highly individualized services in the community and promote consumer self-determination and decision-making. Peer Specialists/Mentors are also peers to the consumers and they have the innate ability to build trust and relationships with consumers. The insight resulting from this relationship is extremely useful in encouraging continued consumer growth and recovery, as well as a valuable tool that can be brought to the treatment team in gaining insight for the treatment of each individual consumer.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required with computer or business courses
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
• Consumer of Mental Health Services; Persons with a history of being consumers of mental health service or individuals with lived experience (i.e. living with a relative, significant other, or other support person who is a consumer of mental health services)
• Proof of: valid California driver’s license and auto insurance, as well as proof of education are required
• Carry out duties as a member of the team, under the direction of the team leader. Specific job responsibilities will vary depending on education and experience
• Provide work-related supportive services, such as transportation. Use of personal vehicle is required
• Perform mentoring and problem solving as well as offer encouragement on and off the job site
• Support and communicate with clients timely to answer questions, while making a difference in our client’s relationships
• Provide practical help and mentoring, advocacy, coordination, side-by-side individualized support, problem solving and direct assistance to help consumers obtain the necessities of daily living
• Coordination of social activities
• Facilitation of groups and/or assignments as required by Lead Peer Specialist/Mentors, Clinical Manager and/or Program Director
• Develop effective working relationships with agencies and organizations to advocate for consumer and family/caregiver empowerment
• Document all activities as required
• Maintain and ensures HIPAA, ethical standards and professional boundaries with all staff and clients
• Other duties as assigned or necessary to support your department and/or the company
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• At least one or more year(s) of experience equivalent as a Peer Specialist/Peer Mentor
• Understand the concepts of self-help, peer support and recovery model
• Understand the principles of the mental health system and effectively work within the system
• Ability to develop and maintain strong working and professional relationships with a wide range of community agencies and organizations
• Knowledge of how to obtain and record accurate information for case documentation and other reports
• Willingness and ability to carry a caseload of consumers and provide field-based services
• Lived experience with a mental health condition, whether a family member or personal
• Knowledge of community resources and connections and experience working with peers
• Excellent organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills are preferred
• Intermediate computer skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and manage time to meet schedule, goals, and deadlines
Pathways by Molina is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSAs, vacation, sick, basic and optional life insurance, EAP, 401k (100% match for the 1st 4% employee contribution/immediate vesting) and an Employee Stock Purchase.
Pathways by Molina is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.