Therapeutic Support Staff
|Return to Postings|
|Department:||Mental & Behavioral Health|
PA - Schuylkill County
Are you interested in working with a company that values people and has a passion for service? Do you want to become part of an organization that cares about your personal and professional growth? If you have answered YES to these questions, then you should consider working for Pathways Community Services!
Pathways Community Services is seeking an innovative and purpose driven individual to join our team as a Therapeutic Support Staff in our Schuylkill County, PA region.
The Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS) worker provides one-on-one mental health interventions to a child or adolescent under the age of 21, with a serious emotional disturbance. The goal of the TSS worker is to prevent the client from entering a more restrictive setting or service. Moreover, the TSS worker may be prescribed to integrate or reintegrate the client into normalizing settings and activities.
• Provide face-to-face behavioral interventions
• Implement Individualized Treatment Plans
• Provide support to parents, teachers, and community officials
• Serve as a role model by exhibiting appropriate, positive behavior
• Provide positive reinforcement to the clients and their families
• Implement consequences for inappropriate actions of the adolescent
• Communicate with peers and co-workers, in addition to exchanging information which is important to achieve the individual goals for the client
• BS/BA Degree in a Human Service Field (examples include but not limited to: Psychology, Education/Teacher, Sociology, Criminal Justice); no experience necessary
• BS/BA Degree in a non-Human Service field; at least one year paid experience with children and/or families
• AA Degree in a Human Service field (or 60 credits toward a BS/BA degree); at least three years paid experience with children and/or families
• Child Abuse Clearance, Criminal Background and FBI Clearances must be obtained (We will assist in this process!)
• Valid PA Driver’s License
Pathways Community Services is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers the following total rewards package:
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (buy stock at a 15% discount - eligible to employees that work over 20 hours per week)
• 401 K with employer contribution (100% for the first 4% contributed - eligible to employees that are over the age of 21 and after 30 days of employment)
• Opportunities for advancement! As we grow, you grow with us!
Pathways Community Services is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.