Are you interested in working with a company that values people and has a passion for service? Do you want to become part of an organization that cares about your personal and professional growth? If you have answered YES to these questions, then you should consider working for The ReDCo Group!
The ReDCo Group, previously Providence Human Services, is one of the largest national providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral and mental health services. At The ReDCo Group, we deliver exceptional value by creating healthier communities through the work of exceptional people. Our more than 7,000 employees provide the highest-quality home- and community-based human services in 24 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.
The ReDCo Group is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSAs, vacation, sick, basic and optional life insurance, EAP, 401k (100% match for the 1st 4% employee contribution/immediate vesting) and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
The Direct Care Supervisor (DCS) reports directly to the Program Specialist and is responsible for the overall operation and efficiency of a CLA site or sites. Assignments are varied in nature and include job tasks which are directed toward helping individuals with developmental disabilities live independently in the community.
Overall responsibilities may be for a single site or more than one site as decided upon by program management.
• Ensures that the site is safe, clean, and secure at all times; that all maintenance and household chores are performed according to schedule; that the site is maintained in accordance with company policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements; that all records and charting including but not limited to household funds, individual funds, medical records, and other daily and historical logs are up to date and accurate; and that all staff assigned to the site act as a cohesive team to accomplish an environment that promotes a healthy living environment for the consumers.
• Supervises Residential Program Workers assigned to the site; trains all workers assigned to the site to ensure that they function appropriately in performing their job tasks in compliance with expected standards of care and delivery of services; provides feedback to staff on performance and recommends corrective action to the Program Specialist if necessary; ensures that work-related information is disseminated accurately and timely from site to office and office to site.
• Schedules staff efficiently to ensure adequate coverage; utilizes replacement staff when appropriate in the cases of vacancies and inability for scheduled workers to report for duty; verifies the accuracy of hours worked by direct care staff and makes appropriate corrections/notations prior to submission for payroll processing; abides by company policies and procedures which require efficient utilization of staff.
• Participates in the pre-assessment and assessment processes for consumers; participates in the planning, development, and implementation of Individual Program Plans for the consumers. Reports concerns and makes recommendations of consumer issues to the Program Specialist.
• Provides social, emotional, and environmental supports to ensure the happiness, health, and safety of the consumers; provides support in activities of daily living such as personal hygiene and appropriate dress; assures that each consumer participates in social/leisure/recreational activities.
• Schedules appointments for services such as doctor, dental, vision, and therapeutic visits; accompanies consumers on such visits and provides follow up information to the Program Specialist in an accurate, timely manner.
• Ensures that accurate medication administration procedures are followed through close monitoring; takes corrective action if necessary.
• Performs related work as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of the principles and methods of rehabilitation for the program consumers.
• Knowledge of behavior management, program planning, and normalization principles and practices to assist others in leading normal lives.
• Ability to comprehend and carry out health measures such as First Aid, CPR, Fire Safety, and Personal Safety Measures.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment in applying and interpreting regulations and policies in governing residential programs.
• Ability to manage, organize, and control the daily household and consumer related job tasks for the efficient operation of the site.
• Ability to supervise a team of workers and to prioritize and organize work tasks so that all job responsibilities are accomplished efficiently and appropriately.
• Ability to effectively instruct subordinates and objectively evaluate work performance.
• Ability to work with others in the course of business in a professional, respectful manner.
• One year of experience as a Residential Program Worker or two years of direct service experience in a human services agency, one of which must have involved working with the mentally challenged or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
The ReDCo Group is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers the following total rewards package:
• Competitive Salary
• Medical, Dental, Vision including a Health Savings Account
• Health, Dependent and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts
• Basic and Optional Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
• 401 K with employer contribution (100% for the first 4% contributed - employees that are 21 and over may participate)
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (buy stock at a 15% discount)
• Training, Development and Continuing Education Credits for licensure requirements
• Opportunities for advancement! As we grow, you grow with us!!
The ReDCo Group is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.