Pathways of Washington, a subsidiary of Pathways by Molina, previously Providence Human Services, is one of the largest national providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral and mental health services. At Pathways, we deliver exceptional value by creating healthier communities through the work of exceptional people. Our more than 7,000 employees provide the highest-quality home- and community-based social services and non-emergency transportation services in 23 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. We proudly serve more than 60,000 unique clients. We specialize in providing direct services and case management to children, adolescents and adults with behavioral and medical health needs, as well as those supervised by government subsidized programs, in their homes or through community-based resources. Pathways offers a full spectrum of social service and behavioral health solutions, including Youth & Family Services, Adult Services, and Prevention Services. Within each area, clients have access to a broad range of social and behavioral services to meet their needs.
Pathways of Washington is seeking an innovative and purpose driven individual to join our team as a full time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner that functions within the scope of practice as established by Washington State Department of Health and Department of Social and Health Services to provide individualized psychiatric medication evaluations, prescriptions and follow up visits as needed. Qualifying individuals include geriatric adults who have been discharged from state hospitals or have difficult behaviors to manage, and who also reside in assisted living facilities or adult family homes. I
- A Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner must hold an active ARNP license in the state of Washington, must have experience working with geriatric population and/or receive Geriatric Mental Health Specialist
- Must have active DEA
- Be able to pass state and federal background checks. Have reliable vehicle with active car insurance
- Ability to perform basic word processing tasks and utilizes proprietary software for the completion of tasks or has the ability to learn these skills
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Respond to Expanded Community Services (ECS) referrals with face-to-face appointment for Initial Evaluation within thirty (30) days from day of discharge from hospital or initial move into Assisted Living Facility or Adult Family Home
- Completion of Initial Evaluation utilizing records, and in collaboration with client, family members, residential staff, ECS team input and any other involved team members.
- Evaluation should include diagnostic impression and recommendations for treatment plan
- Prescribe or recommend psychiatric medications as needed. Monitor side effects, symptoms, labs, etc.
- Prepare and maintain all medical documentation of services
- See clients face-to-face in their living environment a minimum of once monthly for follow up and/or medications prescribed, or as recommended from evaluation, as well as after any medication changes, as needed, to maintain community living and avoid future hospitalization or decompensation
- Staffing with ECS Behavioral Support Team, which includes Washington licensed masters level behavioral support providers, who will see clients weekly for behavioral support, and skills training, as well as provide training to residential staff members so they are better able to support the clients in their living environment
- Staffing with DSHS monthly.
- Participates in management, staff and client meetings and training activities as required
- Consistently meets monthly Productivity Requirements, documentation standards and filing deadlines
- Maintain HIPAA, ethical standards and professional boundaries
- Other duties as assigned or necessary to support the program, office and/or the company
Pathways by Molina is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.