Pathways by Molina, previously Providence Human Services, is one of the largest national providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral and mental health services. At Pathways, we deliver exceptional value by creating healthier communities through the work of exceptional people. We proudly serve more than 55,000 unique clients and nearly 17 million individuals who qualify for services under our contracts.
Pathways by Molina is seeking an innovative and purpose driven individual to join our team as a Pre-Licensed Therapist on a temporary basis through 6/30/18.
Ensure mental health treatment services are provided in a way that maximizes client independence and family empowerment. Provide individual and group counseling services to assist individuals in achieving more effective personal, social, educational, and vocational development and adjustment.
- Masters degree from accredited school in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or related field
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must be registered as a ASW or Associate MFT
- Proof of: valid California driver’s license and auto insurance, as well as proof of education are required
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Provides crisis intervention consultation and other activities directly related to the interventions process
- Provides individual (adult and children), group and family therapy
- Provides occupational, education, and other information to enable individual to formulate realistic educational and vocational plans
- Participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Participates in program development and staff in-services
- Participates in staff meetings as required
- Performs administrative functions consistent with the needs of the program
- Conducts counseling or therapeutic interviews to assist individual to gain insight into personal problems, define goals, and plan action reflecting interest, abilities, and needs
- Documents in medical record according to requirements of company and regulatory agencies
- Evaluates data to identify causes of problem of individuals and to determine advisability of counseling or may refer to other specialist or institutions
- Maintain and ensures HIPAA, ethical standards and professional boundaries with all staff and clients
- Follows up results of counseling to determine reliability and validity of treatment used
- May be required to provide a minimum number of hours weekly, as specified by supervisor or director
- May provide consultation/education to community service clubs, organizations, school districts, human service agencies, hospitals, and various county departments
- May provide linkages to intensive interventions to develop skills aimed at mediating the effects of mental crisis, trauma, or depression
- May teach various educational classes (parenting, domestic violence, anger management, etc.) and provide on-site therapy in schools
- Monthly Productivity Requirement is 100 hours or as determined by supervisor/program
- May be required to spend up to 80% of time counseling individual (adult and children), group and family therapy; students or working with parents/caretakers on and/or off-site
- Transport clients to accommodate community relationships. Use of personal car or vehicle is required
- May handle as assigned of On-Call Phone / After Hours duties
- Other duties as assigned or necessary to support the client, program and the company
Pathways by Molina is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.