Multisystemic Therapy (MST) Clinician
|Return to Postings|
|Department:||Mental & Behavioral Health|
VA - Winchester
Do you have the heart, desire and passion along with the knowledge, skills and abilities it takes to help children, families and individuals who are struggling with behavioral or mental health disorders? Are you a team player, understanding the holistic approach and the importance of communication and collaboration? Do you want to become part of an organization that cares about your personal and professional growth? If you have answered YES to these three questions, then we should have a conversation!
Since our inception in 1992, Family Preservation Services (FPS) of Virginia has been a leader and innovator in the development of community-based services here in the Commonwealth of Virginia. FPS of Virginia currently operates 30 office sites, each designed to meet the unique needs of each community through the integration and use of evidence based and trauma-informed practices.
With more than 900 employees servicing more than 3,000 individuals and families each year, FPS is the largest private provider of community based services in Virginia.
As a leader in the area of mental health and behavioral health services, Family Preservation Services of Virginia, with the support and collective expertise of our global parent company, Pathways by Molina, will continue our commitment to promoting positive change in the individuals, families and communities we impact each day.
FPS is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSAs, vacation, sick, basic and optional life insurance, EAP, 401k (100% match for the 1st 4% employee contribution/immediate vesting) and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
FPS is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.
Multisystemic Therapy (MST) Clinician (www.mstservices.com) for Family Preservation Services, Inc. Grow your career, be challenged and realize the potential in yourself and others around you! If you are passionate about serving youth and families in their homes, have superior interpersonal, & open communication skills, desire to work in an environment with constructive oversight & focus on successful outcomes, we want you! If you are positive, vibrant, flexible, and compassionate, we want you! We are seeking an individual with mental health clinical training and experience to implement Multisystemic Therapy (MST). MST is a top researched community-based intervention model directed at families with youth ages 12 through 17 years old where there is involvement in the juvenile justice system. More information on this treatment model may be found here: www.mstservices.com . Duties include assessment, treatment, documentation, and collaboration with caregivers, families, youth, and community stakeholders. You will function as part of a MST team and will participate in weekly team supervision and consultation. Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule based on families’ availability. Specific experience in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy including trauma treatment, Structural Family Therapy, Strategic Family Therapy, and behaviorally-based treatments preferred. Master's in mental health or related field required; This is a full-time position with competitive benefits, including opportunities for thorough training in this highly researched evidence-based model. If you want to impact change and do it effectively, if you want excellent training, licensure opportunities, effective and meaningful supervision, to gain clinical experiences and skills, please apply! EXPECT TO BE CHALLENGED, DEVELOPED, AND EXCITED, BOTH PERSONALLY AND PROFESSIONALLY!
• Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or a related subject area. Persons with a related bachelor’s degree and significant clinical experience in treating court-involved youth may also qualify at the discretion of the agency.
• Direct use of pragmatic (i.e. structural, strategic and functional) family therapies
• Individual interventions with children and adults using cognitive behavioral techniques
• Marital interventions using behaviorally-based approaches
• Behavioral interventions targeting school behavior and academic performance
• Implementation of interventions within or between systems in the youth’s natural ecology that affect or influence the behavior of youth (i.e. family, peer, school, and neighborhood)
• Collaboration and partnership with community agencies
• Previous work providing in-home or community-based mental health services
• Family systems theory and application
• Social ecological theory and application
• Behavioral therapies theory and application
• Cognitive-behavioral therapy theory and application
• Pragmatic family therapies theory and application
• Child development research and its application in treatment
• Social skills assessment and intervention
• Conduct MST assessment including review of referral information, identifying and engaging key participants, identifying systemic strengths and weaknesses, and developing an analysis of the fit of problem behaviors within the ecological context.
• Engage primary caregiver and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement.
• Implement a problem conceptualization, treatment planning, intervention implementation, case outcome review, and strategy revision procedure using the MST Analytic Process.
• Maintain clear and concise documentation of treatment efforts that promote peer and supervisory review and feedback, and that demonstrate compliance with the 9 MST Principles and the MST Analytic Process.
• Ability to engage and collaborate with all relevant systems and key participants within each system, to maintain alignment throughout MST treatment.
• Provide direct clinical treatment using methods compatible with MST principles and practices.
• Participate in all MST training, supervision and consultation activities.
Base salary range: $43,000-$48,000, commensurate with experience.
Please send resumes to: MHall@fpscorp.com or apply online.